How can I initiate a domain transfer?
Please follow the steps described below in order to initiate a domain transfer to dd24:
- Login into your account with dd24 first.
- Use Add more products on the top of the screen to select the option Transfer domains to dd24.
- Alternatively select "Transfer domains to dd24" from the menu on the left.
Transfer search box
You are now directed automatically to the transfer search box.
- Type the domains you want to transfer into the transfer box (1) (one domain per line, without www.). You can transfer multiple domains at once.
- After you did so, click on the button Check transfer (2).
Search box with Auth Code
Auth codes may be entered directly with the domain name separated by space into the transfer search box.
Shortly after, you get the results of this check:
- In column (1) you see the name of the requested domain.
- In column (2) you see the price per month if the transfer is liable to costs.
- In column (3) you get the information if the domain is available for transfer or not (status).
If column (3) shows the notification "Domain transfer not available", there may be several possible reasons.
- An active transfer lock is set and the domain is not available for transfer.
- The domain is in the 60-day retention period after the registration (depending on the TLD).
By clicking on the button Add to cart (4), you can add the respective domain into your shopping cart.
Via check box (5) you can select multiple domains and add them to the shopping cart by clicking on the button Add selected items to the basket (6).
By clicking on the button Your shopping cart (7), you can go into your shopping cart.
More information is requested in the shopping cart if necessary for registration.
- In this case a notice will be displayed in the column Status (1) und you will get more details about missing information in the notification box highlighted in red (2).
- If possible, we provide you directly with the respective boxes to enter the missing information (3).
- At step (4) you see the annual fee for the domain (net price) if the transfer is liable to costs. This is usually the case if the registration period is extended in the course of the domain transfer.
- Finally, please agree to our Terms and Conditions (5) and click on Buy now (6) in order to initiate the transfer.