How can I configure a URL forwarding?
Configure a URL Forwarding
Please follow these instructions in order to configure a URL Forwarding for a domain.
After you have logged into your account, please click on DOMAINS All Domains in the main navigation on the left.
Please click on the domain you want to configure.
- Please go to the section DNS Settings (1). Please activate the option Forwarding (2) as "Source" and select External Destination.
- Please enter the URL or the domain name to which you want to forward the requests for the domain in the description field (3).
- You can determine the "type of forwarding" in the pull-down menu (4). Simple and hidden forwardings (frame forwarding) are available.
- Once all information is complete please click on the button Verify changes (5).
Now, you see a summary of the future DNS settings.
- In area (1) you see the settings you have entered. In area (2) you see the result of the logic verification.
- By clicking on back (3) you can continue to modify. By clicking on Save changes (4) the new settings are adopted.
- It is usually not relevant if you specify the destination URL with or without the prefix "http://". Nor it is relevant whether the destination is reachable or not.
- The request is redirected to the destination URL just in the way you have specified it.
- There is merely a syntax check - the functionality of the destination URL is not tested. Therefore check the functionality of the destination URL in advance.
- Kindly note it may need up to eight hours for DNS changes to take effect,